CASA de TAMALES invites you to celebrate the Holidays with tamales, cerveza and some great local music.
We'll be serving up a healthy sampler of our finest gourmet tamales and donating a portion of the proceeds to our friends at the
Dan Brown Legacy Fund.
Don't miss the action as a handful of amateur chefs go head-to-head to settle the age-old question of whose masa is mightier.
First Place = $200 Cash w/ Recognition Plaque
Second Place = $100 Cash w/ Recognition Plaque
Third Place = $50 Cash w/ Recognition Plaque
Entry for Contests is free. However, we do ask for a donation to the
Dan Brown Legacy Fund
Valley Animal Center.
Dinner Plates are $10/Person
Each Dinner Plate purchase will be entered to win a brand new
Samsung 32" Flat Screen TV
Beer Garden for 21+, with a portion of these proceeds going to our friends at the
Valley Animal Center.
This is an All Ages event.
Due to an increase/backlog of inquiries, the deadline for entering has been extended to December 14, 2012.
Official Rules and Regulations
The following rules are to be adhered to by all Tamale Throwdown Judges, Chefs, Chair Persons, Cooks, Contestants and/or Assistants:
1. The Tamale Throwdown will be held at Bella Frutta, 42917 E Shepherd Ave, Clovis, CA, 93619 from 3:00-6:00pm on Sunday, December 16, 2012.
2. Judging will begin promptly at 3:30pm. Contestants are to arrive no later than 2:00 pm.
3. All contestants must submit their completed registration form via email by Tuesday, December 12, 2012 by 11:59pm.
4. Contestants may enter only 1 batch of tamales. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awarded.
5. All ingredients must be pre-cooked & treated prior to the event – tamales are to be brought “ready-to-eat”.
6. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own utensils and products related to their tamale submission, and maintenance
of its proper temperature prior to serving. Forks and plates for use in serving tamales to the judges will be provided.
7. Each contestant must cook a minimum of twelve (12) individually wrapped tamales.
8. A panel of 5 judges shall determine the top three finalists.
9. Each contestant will be assigned a “contestants number” by the Chief Judge (Liz Sanchez, Owner of CASA de TAMALES)
and will be given a tray on which their tamales will be collected at the time of the official judging. Each contestant should
verify that the number on the bottom of their tray is the same as their contestants’ number assigned to them by the Chief Scorekeeper.
10. The decision of the judges is final. Judging will be based on score cards which are numbered.
One hundred percent (100%) of the final tally will be from the judges score cards.
11. Each contestant is responsible for policing and cleaning up the area at the end of the day and
removing all items from the area. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the Throwdown.
In this competition, the tamales will be blind judged (no one knows the identity of the cook)
and scorecards will be based on the following four (4) characteristics:
Score cards will be collected at the end of the judging period and tallied, that score being final.
Again, CASA de TAMALES® Tamale Throwdown committee will provide the plates and forks, for
sampling tamales, and the one (1) tray for your competition tamale submission.
Download Registration Form with Rules & Regulations here.
|Please stay tuned for
more updates. For the latest news, check out our
|To compete, or for any other
inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Copyright © 2012. CASA de TAMALES, LLC.
CASA de TAMALES is a Registered Trademark, Int. Cls. 29
& 43. All rights reserved.